Oracle introduced a series of new data management platform innovations within the Oracle Marketing Cloud that enable customers to seamlessly define, select, count, and deliver audience IDs based on the user’s environment. This allows customers to create audience segments tied to the customer journey across devices, channels, media environments, and ID spaces. Powered by the Oracle ID Graph, this release helps marketing and media professionals deliver on their marketing strategies by delivering relevant experiences to customers on whichever device they choose.
As consumers increasingly interact with brands across a range of different devices and environments, marketers and publishers face the challenge of unifying consumer IDs from different platforms and devices in order to gain a holistic view of individual buyers. To empower marketers and publishers to quickly and efficiently manage these multiple environments, Oracle has released major enhancements to the Audience Builder user interface within the Oracle Data Management Platform to help marketers visualize and manage ID source, with planned functionality to link these audiences via a self-service UI through the Oracle ID Graph. The new user interface released today makes it easier for customers to manage and select ID types in order to identify, build, plan, and analyze audiences based on the device or platform within which the ID was originally created. This lays the foundation for the next iteration of the platform, which will further enable cross-device marketing by bridging IDs and scoring linkages between those IDs. This set of enhancements accelerates the convergence of adtech and martech within and outside of the Oracle technology stack.
“The explosive growth in connected devices has created immense opportunities for marketers to engage with consumers at the moments that truly matter,” said Steve Krause, group vice president, product management, Oracle Marketing Cloud. “To capitalize on this opportunity, marketers need to be able to manage audiences based on the engaged environment. This is critical to intelligent linking for use cases like cross-device targeting and that is why we have revamped the Audience Builder user interface within the Oracle Data Management Platform to help address device agnostic identity management.”
Audience Builder enables marketers to plan audiences for their campaigns using a combination of their own data and third-party data sources. Through the new Audience Builder users are able to:
- Enhance Audience Segmentation and Engagement: Understand audience composition by device and environment to increase the effectiveness of engagements.
- Optimize Media Buys: By identifying the devices driving conversions, marketers can modify campaign strategies to focus the conversion points and eliminate wasted impressions.
- Increase Campaign Effectiveness: By managing advertising dollars based on targeting environment, customers can personalize campaigns against the source ID for relevant retargeting and prospecting.
- Improve Mobile App Targeting at Scale: Enables marketers to activate 1st and 3rd-party audiences on channels against their mobile ad IDs based on behaviors like mobile app installs.
The new Audience Builder user interface is the latest in a series of innovative enhancements to the Oracle Data Management Platform. In the last year, Oracle has:
- Integrated Native Tools for Data Ingest and Custom Audience Creation: Self-serve tools available in the platform for custom audience creation powered by Oracle Data Cloud’s Audience Discovery Platform, as well as embedded offline onboarding functionality via Oracle OnRamp, are now native functionalities of the platform.
- Enhanced Personalization: Maxymiser integration enables marketers to tap into 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data for testing and optimization initiatives. This makes it easier for marketers to deliver experiences that are relevant to customers even before the first page view.
- Enhanced Partner Integration: Enables partners to self-integrate into the Oracle Data Management Platform by setting up their endpoint for turnkey data campaign delivery. Since the new self-service portal was launched in November 2015, more than 20 new partners have been added.
The Oracle Marketing Cloud is part of the Oracle Customer Experience (CX) Cloud, one of the industry’s most complete CX solutions. Oracle CX Cloud empowers organizations to improve experiences, enhance loyalty, differentiate their brands, and drive measurable results by creating consistent, connected, and personalized brand experiences across all channels and devices.