Nuage Networks, the Nokia venture focused on software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, announced that China Mobile (CMCC) has selected its Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) to implement CMCC’s first commercial public cloud project based on SDN technology.
China Mobile is the largest telecommunications company in China and has been rapidly expanding its large network of datacenters. CMCC needed a highly scalable SDN solution with rich services for a massive deployment of approximately 2000 public cloud servers in Beijing and Guangzhou. Nuage Networks VSP enables China Mobile to virtualize its multi-tenant datacenter networks and establish connectivity among computing resources while at the same time providing more features to customers. As a result, CMCC can implement new datacenters ten times faster than with physical deployments, and reduce operating expenses by up to 50%.
This deal strengthens the relationship between China Mobile and Nuage Networks, building on the deployment last year of Nuage Networks SDN technology in CMCC’s DevOps private cloud architecture.
Nuage Networks VSP Solution Key Facts:
- Enables high-performance, high-stability distributed SDN and policy-based automation for cloud deployments
- Optimizes and scales datacenter connectivity
- Deployable on hybrid cloud and heterogeneous environments while operating seamlessly with open-source cloud management systems, hypervisors, and leading-edge software and hardware
- The datacenter and cloud networking framework of the VSP, Virtualized Cloud Services (VCS), automates the configuration, management and optimization of virtual networks, including security services that provide tenant isolation and access controls to individual applications and workloads
- A centralized policy manager and SDN controller automate configuration and tuning of network and security devices, accelerating IT tasks, increasing scale and reducing errors
- The VCS integrates with a broad range of open source reference architectures and management solutions to deliver virtual networking and automation in a highly scalable cloud environment
Yu Xiaohan, Head of Customer Business Team, CMCC at Nokia Networks China said ”The successful track record of Nuage Networks’ VSP in major operators’ clouds around the world, and our philosophy of building open cloud environments that avoid customer lock-in, were both instrumental in our ability to win China Mobile’s first open bid for its datacenter SDN. We are excited to assist China Mobile to build a large-scale, high-performance cloud that includes all of the features required to meet their customers’ needs.”